Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Going on a Live It!

The time has come. Today I am making a commitment to eat healthy and lose weight. In the past few years I have managed to gain 30 unwanted pounds simply by not thinking and just eating whatever I wanted.


It isn't just about wearing a certain size or looking a certain way (although I am excited to see what I look like without this extra baggage). This decision is for this little boy, who I want to see grow up and become an adult.


Thank you, my sweet grandson for being the inspiration I needed to finally get on track and eat healthy. I want to see you ride a bike, go to school, graduate from high school and college. I want to attend your wedding and hold your son or daughter in my arms. I want to tell your children what a wonderful child you were and tell them all about their other family members. For you I will do this!
So, goodbye to my old fast food favorites and junk food! It was fun, but we can no longer meet like we have been. Our relationship must end because my grandson needs me more than I need you.
I know I can lose these pounds by June. It will be a great summer without the extra "me". I know I will have more energy and will just plain feel better. So, with that said, I am officially starting this new adventure of healthy eating!
Ann

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    Hooray for you!

    Let me know if you want a wellness coach :-)
    (www.peacethings.com)

    Great photo of Noah!

    ReplyDelete