Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be Someone's Angel Today, Tomorrow, and Everyday!

I have been reading this book and I highly recommend it! This book contains some wonderful, heartwarming, inspirational stories of how seemingly simple random acts of kindness made a difference in another person's life. I do believe that in offering these kinds of unexpected gestures we are easing a burden, lightening a load, and giving hope to another person. In doing this, we can be somewhat of an angel in the recipient's life.

I've always collected angel figurines and I saw June displayed hers on her blog and thought it was a great idea and I would do the same. I hope you don't mind June!

This book is physically beautiful, beautifully illustrated, and contains stories of actual divine intervention by angels in the lives of people who were in danger, ill, alone, or just in need of an angel in their lives.

I found this pretty lady at a garage sale and her wing was broken. Since I was buying a few other things, the seller let me have the angel for free. I glued her wing back on and put a little card that says "Love" on her sash.







I have lots more scattered throughout my home, but, these are just a few. I have this lovely lady hanging on my bedpost and the card reads, "Among life's great and wondrous things are glimpses of an angel's wings."

I will close this post with what I believe to be an actual encounter with an angel of my own.
I was leaving a store one evening and it was really icy, slippery, and dark. I was hanging on to every car I could just hoping to make it to my car without falling. I went to grab the back end of my car with key in hand and slipped, fell, and my key had broken off of my key chain. I was then on my hands and knees feeling for my key. (Remember, it was dark.)
The parking lot was empty, really empty, but, out of nowhere came a man WITH A FLASHLIGHT (what are the odds?) asking if I was looking for something. I told him my key had broken off and I couldn't find it. He shined the flashlight on the frozen pavement and there was my key, jabbed into the ice where I never would have found it on my own. He took something out of his pocket and broke up the ice, freeing my key and handed it to me. He waited as I got in my car and when I started to drive off, I went to wave goodbye and he was gone. This is an actual true story and I've never forgotten the kindness of this man and the miracle that he just happened to have a flashlight on hand.
Whether it's offering a smile to someone who needs it, sending someone a card for no special reason, shoveling an elderly neighbor's sidewalk, or if it's as simple as filling up your bird feeder for the birds in cold weather like we've been having (animals appreciate our acts of kindness too!), be an angel and make someone's world a better place! Your world will be a better place because you did!
Until next time,
Ann







5 comments:

  1. Oh...great post!

    LOVE the story ~ and the photos :-)

    Thanks for the angel inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann what a beautiful post! Your story is so beautiful! How blessed we are to have these encounters and I love what you said about how we can be angels to others in their lives. I aspire to this in my life. It is so important that we take the time to make everyone we encounter in our daily round to feel special and loved. Thank you for such a lovely post.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet you. I love your angels, and your story. I too have had encounters that were lovely reminders that we are never alone. I do believe that our angels are always around us.

    One night when I first moved to Princeton, New Jersey, I visited a a new church that I was going to attend. I went to their library room. It was snowing and I was seeking the Lord at that time. As I browsed the shelves, a girl who had been sitting at the desk asked if she could suggest something to read. I said yes, and she took down two lovely volumes for me to borrow. She was wearing scarf around her head and looked like she was from another time. When I returned the book to the library I asked where the librarian was, and a lady told me that they never had a librarian. I continued to go to that church for ten years and never saw her again.

    So, nice to meet you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey doll,
    thanks for stopping by. hope you become a regular visitor.
    have a wonderful valentines day
    oxoxo,
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, What a wonderful angel story! We are never alone. Sometimes I have to keep reminding myself of that, but, God has promised to surround us with angels, especially if we ask Him to. Divine intervention is a wonderful thing!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete