Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bonjour Mes Amies! Well, it has been snowing more here in Ohio and we've broken the record for snow in February from 1914! We have had over 21 inches of snow in the past two weeks and that means I have not been going anywhere. Schools have been closed, so, that means I don't work, so, I've been home cleaning everything!
Longing for some signs of spring, I switched out my kitchen table centerpiece for this bouquet of sunflowers. I LOVE yellow! Our home is painted yellow and our kitchen and family rooms are both yellow. I think yellow is positively the most cheerful color there is!

Here are my sunflowers at my table accompanying my thrifted, perfect condition yellow placemats that I bought the other day for 69 cents for a set of four! Oh, how I LOVE thrift shopping! I will rarely buy anything from a regular retailer without really searching thrift stores first, because I am truly spoiled by the thrift store prices. Although I did wash and iron these placemats, they appeared to be brand new!

This is a picture of some of the decorating I've been doing above our kitchen cabinets. I love the artichoke planter. I have had it for many years and I've never grown tired of it.



This is Skye. She has been keeping me company on all these snow days. She is truly the most amazingly intelligent dog I've ever come into contact with! Skye can even count, believe me, she can! Skye girl is really my son's dog, but, he lives at home, so she's everyone's dog. Skye knows more tricks than any dog I've ever known. She can also fly. Fly? Yes, she flies! This amazing girl can jump into the air and catch a disk or ball just like Michael Jordan could fly to the net! She is a sweetheart!

While I've been home for the past four days, I've spent a lot of time with this little girl - my Izzybelle! Izzy is my constant companion, following me all around the house while I do everything. If I sit down, she is on my lap. Izzy has kept me company during all these snow days and I love her so much! Yes, she is smiling! No, she is not as "book smart" as Skye. But, you know what ? She is a big bundle of love and I LOVE this dog to pieces and she is perfect for me!
Most likely, things will turn back to somewhat normal for the next few days as far as getting around in Ohio. I will most likely be on a delay tomorrow and then it is supposed to snow more this weekend. I have really enjoyed this snow and the opportunity to feel "snowed in" so I can stay home and get some things done.
Stay warm,
Ann





2 comments:

  1. Ann you do keep the best company. Skye and Izzy are the cutest pups ever. I adore all the touches of Spring in your beautiful home.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky girl!! I wish I could get snowed in and clean and play with my dog! That is not going to happen in my neck of the woods, it's been very warm here in California with temps in the 80's this week.

    Skye and Izzy are adorable! Have a fabulous weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete