Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Molly


Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of a day that I will never forget, a very sad day, and a day that changed my life. It is now exactly one year ago that I said goodbye to my dearest and best animal friend, my poodle Molly. She was with me for nearly 15 years. She would have turned 15 on June 1, 2008, but, her little body just couldn't make it anymore. She had been sick with numerous things for about 2 years, always pulling through like a little trooper. She always bounced back in what I saw as a clear effort to stay here with me. Her love and devotion to me was very evident and I loved that little dog like no one else. Her cremated remains are quietly resting in an urn on my nightstand and I think about her every day. Yesterday I thought about her numerous times, talked about her, and amazingly I ran into the woman who had been her groomer for years. (Note, I've never run into Jan in public ever before.) I knew it was not a coincidence. It couldn't be. Jan knew Molly had died, and we chatted for a few minutes about that sweet soul, and Jan even commented how interesting it was that she and I would run into each other on this particular day.
As the date approached, I was not sure how I would feel. I actually thought I would spend a good part of the day in tears, but, I didn't. I spent a good part of the day talking to people about Molly and celebrating her sweet life. I will never forget this little dog. She was truly my best friend! Thank you Molly for all you gave to me!

1 comment:

  1. Sending you love, light, and peace as you embrace the special memories of your beloved Molly. We so *so* blessed to be the given the opportunity to share our lives with these dear creatures!

    ReplyDelete