Thursday, March 5, 2009

My grandson


I have to say that my grandson is truly the light of my life! I get to babysit him usually a couple times a week and when he's here we have so much fun! Noah is now almost 6 months old and is truly the happiest soul I've ever met! Being around him just plain makes me happy too! He smiles all the time and if I get him laughing, he will just roar with the cutest little laugh ever heard by my ears. I am excited about being able to do things with him as he grows up and teaching him all kinds of things. Below is a poem I wrote to him and I hope someday he will realize just how much his Grammy loves him! I am so glad he's here!
For My Grandson
Dear Little Noah, my dear little boy,
I hope your life is filled with great wonder and joy!
I hope that you know you have stolen my heart,
And I’ve loved you so much from the very start.

Now let’s think, when you grow up just what will you be?
A doctor, a scientist, a painter? We’ll see!
Whatever you choose, please always know,
You can be anything you want to be, wherever you go.

Someday you’ll learn to write and read,
And math is another subject you'll need.
You will learn to spell and study rocks,
Please don’t attend the school of hard knocks.

You’ll ride a bike; you’ll learn to swim,
I know lots of people will say, “I really like him!”
I do hope you always offer a helping hand, and do the right thing
Whenever you can.

I know when you smile; people will smile back at you.
And if there are those who don’t, just remember this too…
Choose to be kind, because we all have our burdens to bear,
Always do the right thing and the Lord will be there.

For you, I wish everything wonderful and good.
You are the love of my life; you are a perfect, sweet soul,
You have made me so happy,
And you have made my heart whole!

Written by Grammy Ann - January 2009




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! What a treasure (the baby AND the poem)! Hooray for you :-)

    ReplyDelete