Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Angelic Project

I've been working on a lot of craft projects lately and this is one I think turned out really well. I found this beautiful angel at the Goodwill store and while I thought she was beautiful, she had some odd star cutouts on her dress that I didn't think looked right. I figured out she was originally a votive, but, I repurposed her into a beautiful figurine. I added roses where the stars were, loaded her with extra fine glitter, and added some feathers to her wings and a strand of pearls around her neck. She is now sitting on my nightstand near my little Molly dog's urn and she is really pretty! The picture really doesn't do her justice as the glitter is just not all that visible. She really glows and sparkles. I may eventually add her to a wreath I'm working on, but, for now I just love looking at her whenever I'm in my bedroom. She really is a wonderful addition to all the other angel figurines I've collected. There is just something about angels...

No comments:

Post a Comment